Rogue Elite Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An idea

+2
!BRP!J@ckth3r!pp3r
Cake Dude
6 posters

Go down

An idea Empty An idea

Post  Cake Dude Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:15 pm

This saturday (the 17th) the REK Dm tourny will go ahead as planned, all players and clans welcome.

An idea which i have had for some time now though involves giving cash prizes for future REK DM Tournaments. The flip side of this is that it would involve an entry fee, dont panic though. A brief view of how i imagine it working is like this.

The dm tourny would be announced one week before its due to take place. Between that time and the day it starts anybody interested in playing the tourny would need to contact me and pay the entry fee which would be $2 via paypal. The payout would work like this, $20 for first place, $10 for second place and $5 for third place. How this would all work is like so.......

If 10 people sign up and pay the entry fee for the tournament that would mean the current prize pool would be $20 (10x2 = 20) which would cover the prize for the person finishing first. The $10 for second and $5 for third would be paid by me personally in this instance. If 15 people sign up and pay the $2 entry fee then thats a $30 prize pool (15x2 = 30) and again $20 for the winner, $10 for second and the $5 for third would come out of my pocket. In order to make sure its a proper tourny i would think at least ten people would need to be interested and signed up for it to work well. Although, the last dm tourny REK hosted has 11 people overall i think so it should be fine.

I of course would never take part in any of these tournies seeing as i would be the one organising them and handling the money.

Comments, thoughts, opinion, questions welcome.

EDIT: Can i just point out as well that the tourny would be a completely level playing field. What i mean by this is that there will not be one person head and shoulders above anyone else. I know most active dm players and if i feel that if one player is simply going to walk away with it then that player would not take part in the tourny. With that being said though i do think that the last DM tourny showed that it was very competitive, with 4 people seperated by a few kills and im sure that with the right mix of players it could be a huge success.
Cake Dude
Cake Dude

Back to top Go down

An idea Empty Re: An idea

Post  !BRP!J@ckth3r!pp3r Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:52 pm

Count me in. This sounds real fun to me. Especially because I did so very well last time in your tourny. I can maybee with some luck get at least in 3rd place cheers
!BRP!J@ckth3r!pp3r
!BRP!J@ckth3r!pp3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Denis Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Matt i must say that this is really great idea. When i see that kind of stuff i really want to play this Game again Smile. I guess the game is not dead aftrerall pirat
Denis
Denis

Back to top Go down

Post  Cake Dude Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:48 pm

Denis wrote:Matt i must say that this is really great idea. When i see that kind of stuff i really want to play this Game again Smile. I guess the game is not dead aftrerall pirat

Well look who came crawling back. cheers

In all seriousness Denis, the last paragraph of my first post would apply to you. I think if enough people show interest i would need to organise two tournaments or somehow split the contestants to make sure its fair.
Cake Dude
Cake Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Denis Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:49 pm

yeah i agree with that. It would not be fair if u or Morph are gonna play in our server against rest non-REK players
Denis
Denis

Back to top Go down

Post  !BRP!J@ckth3r!pp3r Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Maybee no REK member shuld play it. See it like a way to drag traffic to the server. And maybee some noobs come too then that likes the server and will play there alot.

EDIT: Maybee I can win it all then.... Shocked cheers affraid
!BRP!J@ckth3r!pp3r
!BRP!J@ckth3r!pp3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragan Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:47 pm

It does sound like a good idea and its worth of a give it a try. I am just not sure how many people will be interested in paying the entry fee, by knowing they cannot get on the top 3 places. Lots of people are like that.
Infact maybe for the first toruney like that, we shouldn't have an entrance fee in order to gain some interest and just pay it ourselves.
Dragan
Dragan
THE||Morpheus||REK

Back to top Go down

Post  THECOWBOY Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:25 pm

i always like people doing things differently than others. that is one of the reason i like being in REK. good idea Cake.

But for the first one to gain interest i am behind Morph idea. REK paying.

My 50cent.
THECOWBOY
THECOWBOY

Back to top Go down

Post  Cake Dude Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:06 am

thanks for everyones views and stuff, i know there are still many details to be sorted before it happens but i do hope it can happen.

As for REK hosting and paying the prize money for the first tourny i would be willing to go ahead with that idea IF its not just me paying the prize money. As you can see in my original post i was and would be willing to pay the excess if there was some but not the entire prize money, it could get expensive for me if i did that lol.
Cake Dude
Cake Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  ^maneL Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:24 pm

its a great idea

but like they sayd .. REK should pay the prize money .. and no REK players in it .. more chance to others win .. hehe Razz

i agree with cowboy its very dificult to make first 3rd places so people will not be interested in play ... most just want to have fun and participate,

my opinion is REK players should organize it.. its a great idea to keep sof2 alive .. a tourny with money prize .. cativate lots of people ..

this is a big step in sof2 tournys.. hope u guys make it

BEST REGARDS !^^

^maneL

http://lifestyleclan.forumeiros.eu/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cake Dude Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 pm

^maneL wrote:its a great idea

but like they sayd .. REK should pay the prize money .. and no REK players in it .. more chance to others win .. hehe Razz

i agree with cowboy its very dificult to make first 3rd places so people will not be interested in play ... most just want to have fun and participate,

my opinion is REK players should organize it.. its a great idea to keep sof2 alive .. a tourny with money prize .. cativate lots of people ..

this is a big step in sof2 tournys.. hope u guys make it

BEST REGARDS !^^

REK will be paying the prize money, and i agree with you on the rek members not playing thing.
Cake Dude
Cake Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  ^maneL Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:51 am

if u guys need help for promote the tourny i help Smile

^maneL

Back to top Go down

Post  Denis Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:43 am

^maneL wrote:if u guys need help for promote the tourny i help Smile
Why don't u make ur own tournament and promote it around? We will promote our stuff
Denis
Denis

Back to top Go down

Post  ^maneL Sun May 09, 2010 12:02 pm

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

ok ok

^maneL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content