Rogue Elite Killers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REK Deathmatch Tournament

+3
Powerclasser
alpha
Cake Dude
7 posters

Go down

REK Deathmatch Tournament Empty REK Deathmatch Tournament

Post  Cake Dude Mon May 23, 2011 9:15 am

Hi guys and girls, i would like to invite you all to play in the next Soldier of Fortune 2 Deathmatch Tournament, hosted by REK.

First the key simple details:

4th June @8pm GMT
4 maps of deathmatch action
maps will be: Jor1, HK2, Shop1 and Shop2.
Hosted on REK server, PB enabled.

There is a little something extra to this tournament as well. For the first time ever, there will cash prizes handed out to certain players based on their performances. To explain further.....

The player who has the most overall combined kills from REK will get $20, same for CGS and same for BRP. Also, there will be a further prize of $45 split into three prizes of $15 to each of REK, CGS and BRP based on something else which i dont want to give away just yet because i think it will affect how people play the tournament. Only one condition, there must be at least three players from each clan for any prizes to be awarded to players from that clan, and also the qualified people to receive the prize must have paypal so i can send them the money.

So just to summarise:

Tournament is on 4th June @8pm GMT
Maps will be Jor1, HK2, Shop1 and Shop2
$20 to the player from REK with the most overall combined kills from the four maps
$20 to the player from CGS with the most overall combined kills from the four maps
$20 to the player from BRP with the most overall combined kills from the four maps
and also $45 split into three $15 prizes to the player from each clan for something else.

You may ask why im doing this, answer is simple. Things are more interesting when there is money involved, and yes i know its not a lot of money ($105 combined overall) but its a start, if people like the ideas and concepts who knows where it could go from here but i feel its time for something a little new, a little different and there is no cost to anyone so just enjoy the tournament knowing you could get a little something from it without having to win ANY of the maps. It gives the chance of six people out of ten getting something for their efforts, rather than just awarding the winner of the tournament overall.

Im really interested to hear peoples responses on this and of course to say if they are interested in playing.

EDIT: Like to point out this tournament will only pay money to players from REK, CGS and BRP. Reason being these are the clans i play with most, the servers i play most on and the people i enjoy playing with most of all - i want the first of these tournaments to be for these three clans exclusively. All other clans are welcome but cash prizes will only be for the above mentioned clans this time around. Hope everyone understands.

Last edited by Cake Dude on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Cake Dude
Cake Dude

Back to top Go down

REK Deathmatch Tournament Empty Re: REK Deathmatch Tournament

Post  alpha Mon May 23, 2011 9:34 am

I like the sound of it, putting that much money up though without collecting funds...I'll feel bad. Unless ur filthy rich and just feel like giving it away, at that point i'll take it gladly Razz
all jokes aside, it's a bold move. But then again rek is quite a bold clan, I hope this will work out. If server space is a problem, cgs should be able to help out, using your mod and pb ofcourse. I hope this brings in a bit of traffic.
The sof2 community needs more initiatives like this.
Good job darkness.

alpha

Back to top Go down

Post  Cake Dude Mon May 23, 2011 10:07 am

No im not filthy rich, you cant be more wrong. A few people know i have wanted to do something like this for some time now, i like the idea of it and im just hoping everyone else does as well because it brings in a new twist, especially when nobody will know until the tournament is over what $45 of the prize money will be awarded for.
Cake Dude
Cake Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Powerclasser Mon May 23, 2011 4:11 pm

I'm In.
Powerclasser
Powerclasser

Back to top Go down

Post  {GoD}CyAnIdE Sun May 29, 2011 10:01 am

hey i wanna join this tourney thats if i can how do get in this??

{GoD}CyAnIdE

Back to top Go down

Post  Cake Dude Sun May 29, 2011 4:14 pm

{GoD}CyAnIdE wrote:hey i wanna join this tourney thats if i can how do get in this??

Read the last paragraph of the original post.
Cake Dude
Cake Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  theRizzler Mon May 30, 2011 1:58 am

If you want to play in this tournament, as with all REK tournaments, show up at the appointed date and time, and frag your ass off!
theRizzler
theRizzler

Back to top Go down

Post  Cake Dude Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:50 am

Just an update on this, playing on sunday is not possible so the tournament will still happen, just a day earlier.
Cake Dude
Cake Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragan Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:30 am

I probably won't be able to finish the tourney. The computer keeps freezing lately. It completely freezes, including the sound (buzzing, like the last played sound is repeating really fast). First i thought it was because i overclocked the cpu or overheating but now i reset the bios settings and it keeps having this issue. I couldn't finsih the cgs tourney because of that exact same reason. I updated my graphic drivers, temperatures are normal too. Sucks.

EDIT: PB stream is active again. They shut it down because the server was offline but its all good now.
Dragan
Dragan
THE||Morpheus||REK

Back to top Go down

Post  *Missis* Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:31 am

Thanks for the tourney REK was fun. xxx
*Missis*
*Missis*

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content